RESOURCES for SEXUAL ABUSE VICTIMS&ADDICTS
WELCOME!THIS IS A WEB-PAGE WITH A PURPOSE!
and as such the front page remains constant,please look to the "previous"posts for new additions and resources
I have created this site with one thing in mind,to educate.For victims of sexual abuse,I wish to teach you that the shame and guilt you may feel is just another form of abuse and that THE ABUSE ENDS NOW! For those with drug addictions I wish to teach you that it is possible to live life without masking what ever pain it is you feel without drugs and destructive behavior,that you belong,you are important,you are not alone and you are not unloved.For those of you that do not have these inflictions weighing you down,I wish to teach you how you can help those that do,for you all know of someone who falls under either the adult survivor of childhood sexual abuse category or the category of those that suffer from drug addictions,of which includes alcoholism.
The Gospel Of Jesus Christ No.1 Resource! (author's humble opinion,no offense meant,all beliefs are welcome)
Victims of sexual abuse especially when it occurred as a child,often are left feeling shame and guilt,which in of themselves are another form of abuse.The pedophile is still molesting us until the day we end the abuse by coming to terms with our feelings and quit being victims and start being survivors.
Easy to do?NO.Can it be done? YES! I am the living proof that no case is hopeless.I carried my shame and guilt for over thirty four years.The links to my stories are below,way below,and also to the right hand side,because first are links that are of greater importance to guide you on your healing.May I suggest that you right click on them so they open in a new window,as you will want to return here for the next one.Please,if you know of a group or organization that you feel would be of benefit to victims and addicts,please let me know.
Faiths and Creeds to draw strength from
The Gospel Of Jesus Christ
Teachings of Islam
Buddhist Beliefs Explained
Native American Spirituality
Web-sites of Hope
1) Joshua Childrens Foundation-Created for purpose of assisting victims of sexual child abuse
2) Child Abuse Effects- child abuse effects information
3) Stop Child Abuse -site is dedicated to the prevention of child abuse
4) Stop It Now!- The Campaign to Prevent Child Abuse
5) Amnesty International-working to protect human rights world wide
5b)Kids Need Protection.com helping catch on-line pedophiles-volunteers needed!
7) Family Watchdog-tracking and locating sex offenders inYOUR neighbourhood
8) HelpYourCommunity.org Help Kids stay Active and you'll help them avoid drugs.KNOW WHAT YOUR KIDS ARE DOING!
9) Sexual Abuse Survivors and Sex article about becoming more comfortable with sex after being abused
10) Survivors Swindon Supporting Adult Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse Since 1991
11)STOP RUNNING- Running away,?pregnant,?trouble with the law? scared, and alone?
12) Addiction Intervention Resources-the name says it all
14) CASA- court appointed special advocates-be a volunteer!
OTHER SURVIVORS SITES
1) NO LONGER A VICTIM
2) THE LAST ONE
3) TEARS IN THE RAIN also a resource site.
4) 40 DAYS Continuing saga of a brave Mother's love for her abused child as they go through the legal system seeking justice-resources as well
ADDICTIONS INFORMATION(always looking for more info)
Information on Heroin Addiction - Narconon Southern CaliforniaFind heroin information, and learn about the long-term effects of....
Giordano and Goldfarb Holistic Addiction Treatment CenterRecovering addicts provide a holistic drug-and-alcohol rehabilitation program that specializes....
Ecstasy Abuse Information and TreatmentInformation about ecstasy abuse and treatment.
Center for Behavior and Addiction ManagementGeorgia-based human service agency provides substance abuse solutions on a....
Legal Help If you are in need of legal help fill in....
Religious Organizations(all faiths welcome)
BLUE LETTER BIBLE on-line Bible
1) International Network of Prison Ministries
2) C.A.S.A. Recovery Ministries
3) Places of Refuge Prison Ministry-Freedom Behind Bars
4) See Who Cares Inspiration and guidance
Twelve Step Programs (please submit any I miss,confidentiality assured)
1) Alcoholics Anonymous
2) Narcotics Anonymous
3) Gamblers Anonymous
4) Overeaters Anonymous
Yahoo Support Groups (feel free to ask me to add yours)
1) Courageous Men must be male 18 years of age or over=EXCELLENT
2) Adult Child Abuse Survivors - A place to talk about surviving child abuse
3) Canadian Abuse Support - A place to talk about abuse of any kind.
4) Saved By Methadone-Don't be fooled by the name!support group for those with addiction issues,all and any-family members and loved ones as well.
My story is of course long and this is not the place for it.It is a continuing story,with many gaps that I hope to fill in the months ahead.I have two sites devoted to the telling of my tales,and a third that concerns it self with the justice system. I invite you to visit them,and leave your comments.
The start of my story,and possible clues for the reasons behind my destructive behaviour,can be found at the site I call THE ROAD DOWN .It contains the darker aspects of my life,and caution should be taken,some of the material is not suitable for all ages and there are definite triggers.(those that need the warning understand what I meant,don't ask!)
The second one I call AND FROM THE ASHES and it is where I tell happy of misery and suffering.While the stories may have their roots in suffering and misery,there is always a twist that makes them a story of hope.They say that for every door that closes God opens a window,a window of opportunity.Never has that saying been better personified as at AND FROM THE ASHES
The third one has articles and essay's pertaining to the Justice system.It is an unique look at the Justice,Correctional and Law Enforcement Departments here and abroad,through the eye of reformed offender.I call that one THE VIEW FROM OUTSIDE
I invite your comments and welcome your input,but please leave your promotions behind.I will promote only two things,God and myself,myself as that is my way of serving Him,providing hope and inspiring courage is my goal.I would love to hear your survivors story and will publish all that fit my criteria of being a genuine story and not pornographic in it's descriptions.I welcome all faiths,races and even sexual orientation.I am Christian and feel that my point is valid,however I respect and admire all others,and will never judge you.PARENTS!LOVE YOUR CHILDREN UNCONDINTIONALLY LET THEM KNOW THEY CAN COME TO YOU