THE ABUSE ENDS NOW!

A site dedicated to the idea that victims of sexual abuse need no longer to live with the guilt and the shame. Editorials,narratives,and links to resources,support for those with addictions,plus Religious&Spiritual guidance.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Manna for the Soul - Prayers and Ministrations


Does your Ministry have a website?Or do you belong to a on-line religious group?Perhaps you would like to exchange links?Or just have yours included?

Take strength my friends,you are amongst your brothers & sisters,we are family here,and we don't have rules,except that we respect each other.We may be of different faiths,different backgrounds,even different sexual orientation.There is no judging done here,no "preaching".If you have a credo or code you think would be suitable to go along side the Christian words and scripture,you are welcome to leave it in the comments and I will publish any that are not hateful or aimed at conversions.Buddist,Hindu,Confuciusion or any other are all welcome here.
I am a Christian,and I feel my view is valid,but I would be proud to post yours,as long as it's aim is to help us know that we are no longer victims,we survived,we are going to be alright!Shame and the guilt are just another form of abuse,and the abuse ends now!


Prayers are a reverent petition made to God,an act of communion with God,and as such are often very personal.There are however Prayers that have been written to commemorate special occasions or to honour a particular segment of the population.I need your prayers!Prayers are wanted that have been written with the abused or affected in mind,for addictions are an affection as much as Cancer,and just as deadly,if not worse.Please send me your Prayers/Here are some of my favorites,and I will be posting and or rotating new ones on a regular basis.

Prayers sometimes associated with Twelve steps programs

GoThird Step Prayer God,I offer myself to Thee — to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!
Seventh Step Prayer
My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good & bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you & my fellows. Grant me strength, as I go out from here to do Your bidding.
Eleventh Step Prayer
Lord, make me a channel of thy peace--that where there is hatred, I may bring love--that where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness--that where there is discord, I may bring harmony--that where there is error, I may bring truth--that where there is doubt, I may bring faith--that where there is despair, I may bring hope--that where there are shadows, I may bring light--that where there is sadness, I may bring joy. Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted--to understand, than to be understood--to love, than to be loved. For it is by self-forgetting that one finds. It is by forgiving that one is forgiven. It is by dying that one awakens to eternal life.

Serinity Prayer
GOD, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Living ONE DAY AT A TIME; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace. Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it. Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life, and supremely happy with Him forever in the next.

St Francis Prayer
Lord, make me a channel of thy peace, that where there is hatred, I may bring love; that where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness; that where there is discord, I may bring harmony; that where there is error, I may bring truth; that where there is doubt, I may bring faith; that where there is despair, I may bring hope; that where there are shadows, I may bring light that where there is sadness, I may bring joy.
Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted; to understand, than to be understood; to love, than to be loved. For it is by self-forgetting that one finds. It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.
It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life.

**********************************

PROVERBS and PSALMS(Again I seek your favorites)

Psalms 23 "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters."

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

*************************

Scriptures that have a special place in my heart:(you are welcome to submit yours)

Matthew 25:35-36 -45-"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me."

Ephesians 5:18-20 "Be not drunk with wine, in which is debauchery;but be filled with the Spirit,speaking to yourselvesin psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,singing and chanting with your heart to the Lord;giving thanks at all times to Him who is God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ"

Brother Gino's Prayer for Addicts

Most loving God,

we ask your blessing upon all

who suffer from addiction.

Strengthen them to reach out for help.

Enable them to take the first step to recovery.

Bless them with the persistence to persevere

in the fight to be free.

Give courage and hope to their families,

drawing them close together

in the power of your love,

which alone can transform our living.

Amen.


I invite your comments and your submissions.Please email hdforbes@yahoo.ca with your prayer,scripture,Psalm or credo and I will publish all acceptable within the confines of alloted space.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used a search engine to find the serinity prayer for addicts and was brought here.I wish to thank you,you have saved a life this evening.God Bless you !

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

THIS SITE IS DEDICATED TO BONNIE AHENAKEW.MY FRIEND,MY LOVER,MAY YOU FIND THE PEACE YOU DESERVE AND DWELL IN THE HOUSE OF YOUR CREATOR FOREVER.ALL SHE EVER WANTED WAS TO BE LOVED,AND NEVER KNEW SHE HAD IT!

WORLD FAMOUS AUTHOR OF THE "BURKE"SERIES,HE'S NORTH AMERICA'S TOP EXPERT ON CHILD ABUSE,AND AS GATHERED TOGETHER INVALUABLE INFORMATION.Simply enter the subject,i.e.child abuse,sexual.

RESOURCES at THE ZERO : The Official Website of Andrew Vachss

Browse RESOURCES at THE ZERO